The National Olympic Academy, the Educational arm of the National Olympic Committee, has embarked on a new initiative, Sport & the Environment. The initiative begins with a Sport & the Environment Awareness Campaign which has received the support of Olympic Solidarity.
The Project objective: To systematically build awareness of Sport and the Environment issues throughout St. Vincent and the Grenadines
The Campaign involves:
1. Radio & Television Educational Programmes
2. Brochures & Poster production
3. Mascot competition
4. Sport and the Environment radio jingles
5. School programmes
6. Seminars with Associations, clubs and committees
Under the section, Women in Sport, please include the following:
The Women in Sport 07/08 programme’s main objective is to empower Vincentian girls and women in respect to participation in sport for healthy living.
This campaign will include:
1. Survey: This will be done through all of our affiliates.
2. Focus Group: Leading sports personalities and media personnel in St Vincent and the Grenadines
3. Panel Discussion: This will be done on Radio and television utilizing women who have been and some who are currently involved in sport
4. Target Group: Students aged 8 – 20 years; Members of groups affiliated to the National Youth Council; affiliates of the NOC;
Seminar Topics: Women in the Olympic Movement; Women at the Olympic Games; Women in Sport in St Vincent and the Grenadines; Challenges to women's participation in sport; Exploitation of girls/women in sport; Women and leadership; Conflict Resolution; Formation and sustainability of clubs