The St Vincent and the Grenadines National Olympic Committee (NOC) yesterday announced the award of an Internship to its Administrative Assistant, Ms Lana James.
Speaking at the Press Conference to announce the initiative of the NOC, General Secretary, Mr. Keith Joseph indicated that The Internship places Ms James at the Headquarters of the United States Olympic Committee in Colorado Springs, USA, where she will receive training and experience in the followings areas:
- Assist in evaluation of Colorado Springs Olympic Training Centre (CSOTC) policies and procedures and work toward streamlining functions when necessary.
- Assist with database projects and upgrades; research into an updated Olympic Training Centres (OTC) Cost Study.
- Assist in the coordination of program requests for National Sports Associations events, VIP guests, training specials, special guests and interns.
- Oversee preparation of end reports on the particular programs; verify computer records are accurate with program folder; develop billings for OTC user fees.
- Offer support on various projects as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the organisations website.
- Shadow OTC Administrative Staff and other Department Managers.
Ms James has only recently returned from a two-week programme at the International Olympic Academy (IOA) at Olympia, Greece. There she learnt about the origins and history of the International Olympic Committee and Olympic Movement.
According to Joseph, The NOC is fully committed to training and this at all levels of the organization. We have trained our coaches and athletes as well as sports administrators. We must also take care of our administrative staff. It is a matter of professionalizing the operations of the NOC to better serve our affiliates and so develops sports in St Vincent and the Grenadines.