Development of a National Coaching Structure
SVGNOC to focus on the establishment of an appropriate coaching structure for Table Tennis
Current Sport Structure
Table Tennis is currently one of the fastest growing sports in St Vincent and the Grenadines where there is an abundance of talented youth.
Over the years the sport has experienced a roller coaster type of performance. Nonetheless, in the recent past a concerted effort has been made to systematically develop the sport. It is against this backdrop that the NOC has given consideration to the introduction of the current programme.
While the governing body has been attempting to raise the bar in respect of training coaches and sourcing equipment, there is an urgent need for attention to focus on the establishment of an appropriate coaching structure from which the sport development process can benefit.
1. To bring together coaches already trained in Table Tennis to assess the state of coaching in St Vincent and the Grenadines
2. To assess the coaching needs of St Vincent and the Grenadines in Table Tennis
3. To plan a systematic approach to the development of a National Coaching Structure in Table Tennis.
4. To assist in the establishment of a Table Tennis Coaches Association to effectively sustain the National Coaching Structure
5. To establish firm criteria for the certification and career orientation of Table Tennis coaches in St Vincent and the Grenadines under the National Coaching Structure.
6. To encourage the full involvement of Table Tennis coaches in the decision-making process of the governing body for the sport in the country.
7. To engage in ongoing evaluation of the coaches and the structure that emerges and make the appropriate adjustments where and when necessary
Duration of Programme: 4 Months (July 2005 – November 2005)